Join our communications team for a unique opportunity to work with a National Park’s non-profit partner organization (Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes) to help document happenings around the park during the busiest time of year to capture and share the National Lakeshore with all. We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, creative intern for FOSBD this summer to help take photos, conduct interviews, post on social media, help with promotions and other related projects. Please submit cover letter and resume to Laura Ann Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday April, 22nd 2022.
Summary of Position:
The communications and social media intern will work with the communications committee and the Director of Communication to document park happenings throughout the summer. The candidate will be expected to assist with: photography, social media posting, content creation, and other such related projects. This is a unique opportunity to work with a National Park’s non profit partner organization to help document happenings around the park during the busiest time of year to capture and share the National Lakeshore with all.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documentation of park and Friends events by taking photos, interviewing, and creating content around the event
- Promotion of special happenings
- Photo cataloging
- Content creation and social media scheduling
- Represent Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes and educate visitors
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong sense of initiative and willingness to take on and create your own projects
- Ability to multitask and prioritize various projects.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Interested in learning about the National Lakeshore and Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes.
Qualifications for the Job: To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability you are required to possess. Reasonable accommodations may be made, should you have a disability, to allow you to perform the essential functions.
Position: Communications and Social Media Intern
Reports To: Communications Committee
Employment Duration: June 20th – August 12th 2022
Seasonal Position: 32-40 hours / wk
Location: Empire, MI
Compensation: $15 /hr