Beginning Friday, May 22, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore will begin to increase recreational access to the park and reopen access to:
- Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail;
- all park hiking trails and trailheads;
- picnic areas;
- parking areas;
- boat launches;
- Dune Climb; and
- vault toilets.
The Friends have been hard at work this week in partnership with the park to get trails ready for visitors to return!
- Stay to the RIGHT, alert others when passing on their left.
- Please give six-feet of social distance to other groups on the trail.
- No gathering of groups larger than 10 persons or with those outside of your household.
- DO NOT block the trail when stopped – move to the side.
- Cyclists ride single file when other users are present.
- Please wear a helmet for your safety.
- Dispose of all trash and animal waste in trash receptacles.
- Stay on the trail, respect plants and wildlife.
- Respect Private Property – Stay on the Trail.
One of the many Friends programs creates booklets supplied to the Visitor Center for a donation. These booklets can also be downloaded from our site on our Booklets page. We encourage you to donate to our organization to continue to provide valuable maintenance and programs to the park this year.