Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes 2022 Annual Meeting (Update)
Thank you Volunteers!
On August 21st Friends gathered at the Empire Town Hall to hear park updates and vote for new board members (read their profiles below). It was a nice time to visit with old friends and meet new ones while enjoying ice cream graciously provided by Cherry Republic of Glen Arbor. SLBE Superintendent Scott Tucker had nothing but kind, encouraging words for the work that Friends do to help support our favorite National Lakeshore. Thank you, Friends!
Join us Sunday, August 21st at 3 PM for the Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes annual meeting at the Empire Town Hall. The meeting should take about an hour then there will be an ice cream social immediately following the formal meeting, so stay to mingle and enjoy a sweet treat.
What: Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes Annual Meeting
Where: Empire Town Hall
10088 W Front St, Empire, MI 49630
When: 3 PM – Approximately 4 PM, then join us for an Ice Cream Social
Who: All Current Friends & Volunteers
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Chairman’s Welcome, Jerry Peterson
2. August 29, 2021 Annual Membership Meeting Minutes, Bill Stott (Secretary)
3. Annual Financial Report 2022, Jerry Peterson for Steve Klein (Treasurer)
4. Project Updates, Jerry Peterson
5. Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore Update, Scott Tucker (SLBE
6. Introduction of Board Member Candidates and Vote, Bill Stott
7. Adjourn and Ice Cream Social
Friends’ membership is comprised of people who have donated their time or money to the Friends this year or last.
New Board Member Profiles: