We launched our Interactive Map for the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail in June, 2015. Over 60,000 people used the trail during 2015 and we had 20,000 page views of the map between June and September. Now that the map has been online for over a year, we expect even more user activity this year.
A few examples of what a business looks like on our interactive map are listed below. Click on the links. Then click on the arrows in the large picture in the pop-up page to see all of the pictures. Click on the More Info button in the upper left of the pop-up page to see the business description, location, and links to their web site.
- Anderson’s IGA
- The Cottage Book Shop
- Crystal River Outfitters
- The Cyclery
- Empire Outdoors
- Cherry Republic
- Leelanau Vacation Rentals (LVR)
If you want your business or non-profit to be on the map, so trail users can find you, contact us.
If you make a donation of $150, your business can be on the map between Memorial Day and Labor Day. If you make a donation of $250, your business can be on the map for one year. In both cases, your logo can be placed on the printed paper map where we recognize organizations that support the operations and maintenance of the SBHT. We need your information before May 1 in order to be on the printed map.
Non-profit organizations can request a presence on the map without making a donation. Here are a couple of examples:
100% of donations to be on the SBHT Interactive Map go toward trail operations and maintenance. It costs about $1,000/mile of trail each year to operate and maintain the trail, and we now have about 22 miles of trail!
You will need to provide the following information, which we will use to put your business on the map:
- Photos inside and outside of your business. These help trail users be able to identify your business as they ride up, and to know what products and services you provide. Pictures with customers enjoying themselves at your business are best! We like the photos in .jpg format, but don’t worry about sizing them. We will do that so they will fit our system.
- A .jpg image of your logo if you have one. We will use this on the printed map and as one of the photos on the pop-up page on the interactive map.
- A short description of your products and services (less than 100 words).
- List the seasons of the year you are open for business.
- Your contact information: web site address, phone number, and street address.
Click here to e-mail the information to us. It usually takes us about 2 weeks after we receive your information to get you on the map.
Contact us if you have any questions.