The projects we are actively raising funds for are listed below:
Click on the link for each project to learn details:
- Making our Park more accessible to all visitors including those with disabilities is one of our highest priorities. In 2018 we have several accessibility projects that need funding:
- We will assess many of our hiking trails and Lake Michigan beaches to find opportunities to improve accessibility.
- We plant to install a Beach Access Walkway and Platform at the Maritime Museum.
- The first portion of the Kettles Trail from the parking lot to an educational overlook at one of the geologic kettles will be accessible.
- Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail Construction – Make your donation on the sleepingbeartrail.org web site.
- Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail Operations – The annual trail maintenance budget is about $1,000/mile or $25,000.
- You can donate toward a bench, bike rack, or picnic table on the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail. Click here for more information.
- Kettles Trail – A new hiking trail is being developed in the Bow Lakes Area of the Park to provide access to this unique geological and ecological region. The Environmental Assessment is completed and we plan to begin trail construction in 2018. Construction costs are estimated to be about $40,000.
- The Echo Valley Trail project is a proposed mountain bike trail which will be entering the environmental assessment (E/A) process in 2018.
- If you would like to make a donation to our General Fund, we will apply your donation to projects that have the greatest need. Please select General Fund in the drop-down menu below when you make your donation.