Thank you for your interest in supporting Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes. To make a donation, type in your desired donation amount and click the “Pay with PayPal!” button below. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can still pay with your credit card by clicking the “Pay with PayPal” button below.
If you would rather send a check, download and print the Donation Form, make your check out to:
Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes and mail to:
Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes
P.O. Box 545
Empire, MI 49630
If you’ve placed Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes in your will or would like information about how to do this, please let us know! We can give you the information you need to make sure your wishes are fulfilled. We welcome your interest in leaving a legacy to support Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
If you would like to make a donation In Honor of someone, please send us an e-mail with the name and address of the person and we will send a note to inform them of the gift.
If you would like to make a donation In Memorial of someone, please send us an e-mail with the name of the person for whom the gift is a memorial and address we should send a note to inform the family of the gift.
Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization. Contributions are generally tax-deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your own tax consultant for advice about your particular tax situation.
We are actively trying to raise funds for the following projects for 2015.
Please help us if you can!
Click on the link for each project to learn details:
- Scenic Drive Signs – Park Interpretive Staff is working on a project to install all new interpretive signs on the Scenic Drive. We have agreed to raise funds to hire a well-known artist who has been an Artist-in-Residence at the park to do some of the design work. The signs need to be installed by Spring of 2016 for the Centennial of the NPS. Total cost for the design work is $10,000. If you can help, please type Scenic Drive in the box below when you make your donation.
- AED – Automated External Defibrillators can save a life if applied to someone having a heart attack. We have been asked to raise $4,000 to match a grant from Consumers Energy Foundation to purchase AEDs for the Dune Climb, Visitor Center, and Ranger patrol cars. Type AED in the box below when making your donation.
- Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail Construction – Make your donation on the sleepingbeartrail.org web site.
- Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail Operations – The annual trail maintenance budget is about $1,000/mile or $10,000. Be sure to designate SBHT OPERATIONS in the project box below.
- Kettles Trail – A new hiking trail is being developed in the Bow Lakes Area of the Park to provide access to this unique geological and ecological region. The Environmental Assessment is ongoing and we hope trail construction will begin in Fall, 2014. Construction costs are estimated to be about $30,000.
- If you would like to make a donation to our General Fund, we will apply your donation to projects that have the greatest need. Just indicate General Fund in the box below.
If you do not have a PayPal account, you can still pay with your credit card by clicking the “Pay with PayPal” button below.