Thank you for your interest in supporting Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes.
To make a donation, choose between the 2 payment options below, PayPal or Pay with Credit Card, then type in your desired donation amount, then choose which project you are donating to and finally click the button associated with your payment method.
If you have a PayPal account and are familiar with using it to make fund transfers, you can send money directly to the “Friends” by defining the recipient as [email protected]
If you would rather send a check, download and print the Donation Form.
Make your check out to:
Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes and mail to:
Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes
P.O. Box 545
Empire, MI 49630
If you’ve placed Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes in your will or would like information about how to do this, please let us know! We can give you the information you need to make sure your wishes are fulfilled. We welcome your interest in leaving a legacy to support Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
If you would like to make a donation In Honor of someone, please send us an e-mail with the name and address of the person you are honoring, and we will send a note to inform them of the gift.
If you would like to make a donation In Memorial of someone, please send us an e-mail with the name of the person for whom the gift is a memorial and the address we should send a note to inform the family of your gift.
Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization. Contributions are generally tax-deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your own tax consultant for advice about your particular tax situation.
We are actively trying to raise funds for the following projects for 2017.
Please help us if you can!
Click on the link for each project to learn details:
- Making our Park more accessible to all visitors including those with disabilities is one of our highest priorities. In 2017 we will assess many of our hiking trails and Lake Michigan beaches to find opportunities to improve accessibility. Please select Accessibility Improvements in the drop-down menu below when you make your donation.
- Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail Construction – Make your donation on the sleepingbeartrail.org web site.
- Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail Operations – The annual trail maintenance budget is about $1,000/mile or $25,000. please select Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail in the drop-down menu below when you make your donation.
- You can donate toward a bench, bike rack, or picnic table on the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail. Click here for more information.
- Kettles Trail – A new hiking trail is being developed in the Bow Lakes Area of the Park to provide access to this unique geological and ecological region. The Environmental Assessment is completed and we plan to begin trail construction in 2017. Construction costs are estimated to be about $40,000. Please select Kettles Trail in the drop-down menu below when you make your donation.
- The Echo Valley Trail project is a proposed mountain bike trail which will be entering the environmental assessment (E/A) process in 2017. Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes will be providing funds to conduct the E/A. About $25,000 will be needed. Please select Echo Valley Trail in the drop-down menu below when you make your donation.
- If you would like to make a donation to our General Fund, we will apply your donation to projects that have the greatest need. Please select General Fund in the drop-down menu below when you make your donation.