Thank you for your interest in supporting Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes. To make a donation, type in your desired donation amount and click the “Pay with PayPal!” button below. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can still pay with your credit card by clicking the “Pay with PayPal” button below.
If you would rather send a check, download and print the Donation Form, make your check out to:
Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes and mail to:
Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes
P.O. Box 545
Empire, MI 49630
If you’ve placed Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes in your will or would like information about how to do this, please let us know! We can give you the information you need to make sure your wishes are fulfilled. We welcome your interest in leaving a legacy to support Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization. Contributions are generally tax-deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your own tax consultant for advice about your particular tax situation.
We are actively trying to raise funds for the following projects for 2013-2014.
Please help us if you can!
Click on the link for each project to learn details:
- Each spring, Park Management presents a list of project needs to all partner groups, including the Friends. Park Partner Project List 2014 Please review the list and if you want to contribute to a specific project, note it in the box below when you make your donation.
- Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail Construction – Make your donation on the sleepingbeartrail.org web site.
- Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail Operations – The annual trail maintenance budget is about $1,000/mile or $10,000. Be sure to designate SBHT OPERATIONS in the project box below.
- Kettles Trail – A new hiking trail is being developed in the Bow Lakes Area of the Park to provide access to this unique geological and ecological region. The Environmental Assessment is ongoing and we hope trail construction will begin in Fall, 2014. Construction costs are estimated to be about $30,000.
- Bay to Bay Trail – A 35 mile kayaking and backpacking trail is being planned along the shore of Lake Michigan within the Park. A few new backcountry campgrounds will need to be built as part of this system. The Environmental Assessment is estimated to cost $15,000. Construction costs will be estimated after the EA is completed.
- Echo Valley Mountain Bike Trail – We are beginning to evaluate developing a mountain bike trail in the wooded hills south of Glen Lake. This is mentioned in the 2009 General Management Plan. This is in the concept development stage.
- If you would like to make a donation to our General Fund, we will apply your donation to projects that have the greatest need. Just indicate General Fund in the box below.
If you do not have a PayPal account, you can still pay with your credit card by clicking the “Pay with PayPal” button below.